- fandom: a song of ice and fire,
- fandom: appa has the fanciest feet,
- fandom: black jewels trilogy,
- fandom: caliban leandros,
- fandom: code geass,
- fandom: con with a fedora,
- fandom: death note,
- fandom: dexter,
- fandom: doctrine of labyrinths,
- fandom: dragons happened,
- fandom: fanfiction,
- fandom: for my reference,
- fandom: harry potter,
- fandom: lol feanorians,
- fandom: lymond needs a tag,
- fandom: new face new friends,
- fandom: shows about hunting things,
- fandom: tv,
- fandom: wheel of time,
- fandom: winchester uses self destruct,
- fandom: zomg gneil!,
- fanfiction recs
NEXT ROUND. After the killer matchups last round, I think this one should be much easier, for the most part. I think. Remember: vote for the ones you think will win, not just the ones you like best!
( WILL THE REAL SLIM SHADY PLEASE STAND UP )
AND NOW: THE MATCHUPS.
On the other hand, then there are days like yesterday, where we sit in a plane for an hour and a half only to have to change planes because of a lightbulb (!) and consequently depart two hours behind schedule. And that is why all the things I wanted to have done before the new year are…not done before the new year.
And I am home! First things first, I suppose - a (somewhat belated) VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you on my flist, and I hope this year is much better than last, no matter how your last year was. In other words, exactly what all you lovely people deserve.
Are you ready for this devastatingly longass meme? (First of...oh, three, actually.)
Stories Written (and posted): 153
Breakdown by Fandom (Top Five Only):
- Supernatural: 29
- Death Note: 25
- Silmarillion: 22
- Avatar: the Last Airbender: 15
- Doctor Who: 14
Longest Story Written (oneshot) : I Will Follow You Into the Dark at 7115 words.
Shortest Story Written (and posted): The Beautiful at 112 words.
( oh how I can talk about myself sometimes )
Other notes: Yuletide was overall disappointing in terms of finding stories I really wanted to read, but I have a few recs that I'll post when I'm not deluging the place with memes and a half, and:
How to Lose Friends and Influence People | for sargent_snarky | Silmarillion | Curufin doesn't know what to do with his son half the time.
Beginnings | for sakru909 | Death Note | The boy, his social workers said, was...peculiar.
Milo's Tollbooth | for firebluespinel | The Phantom Tollbooth | Milo returns.
For those of you I still owe presents - those will also be up, as soon as possible! (And to those watching my fic journal...there's going to be a bit of a deluge in the next couple days. I'm terribly sorry. >>
I have also realized that I should make a list of the fic I've written that's inspired by other fic. Because there are a few.
Assorted things of all kinds in here. A couple (okay, two) Jerk/Bitch icons, a bunch of the Keep Calm parody things that I just discovered because I am always late on the bandwagon, some Doctor Who, some Supernatural, some other things entirely.
1-5: Avatar: the Last Airbender
6-11: Keep Calm parodies (for various)
12-14: Jerk/Bitch icons
15-18: Doctor Who
22-23: requested by pashchan (and variation)
24-33: Supernatural (Sam, specifically)
34-36: more Doctor Who
( a fair amount of silliness here lies. please forgive me. )
Also my computer is still freezy and stupid-like-ass and it's making me unreasonably, ridiculously cranky. Awesome.
Fandom: Death Note
Subject: Misa Amane (mostly Misa/Light specifically post-finale)
Notes: None, really, except that I just had a lot of music that felt very Misa or Misa/Light to me and started compiling it and lo and behold! Fanmix. This happens more than I would like, really...
( and don't you know that the sun, the sun, the sun, is often out? )
Avatar: the Last Airbender
Paper Planes - MIA by thedeadparrot (DW). Toph! The sync is awesome, and while I'd never have thought of this song for Toph it actually works pretty well.
Life's Gonna Suck - Denis Leary by CaramellNeko. Just...ridiculous. I loled.
Viva La Vida - Coldplay by rinir10010. Okay, I imagine it's the most overly fanvidded song ever, but I like this one! And it fits so many characters very nicely. And this one is well put together, I think; I like the way it was executed.
You Know My Name - Chris Cornell by Kagatoamv. Again, well put together, with a different tone.
Thnks fr th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy by 3lgoonishive. Intense!!! A little more frenetic in terms of cutting than perhaps I would prefer, but it fits both song and series, so it works. Oh, it works.
I Can't Decide - Scissor Sisters by agentthreeseven. The Master and this song may have been one of my favorite parts of the end of Series Three. And someone did me a service of setting all the best Master scenes to this song. Therefore.
Anyone on my flist have any recommendations?
In other arenas, it is time for linkspam!
- Raptors: scary dinosaurs, or the scariest dinosaurs - A good (fantastic) analysis of the raptor v. T-Rex argument. (Guess who wins.)
- Lelouch tells it like it is.
- Rufftoon @ deviantart - hilarious Avatar comics; see here.
- And finally, this.
Sir, I salute you.
There will be picspammy later.
1-15: ASOIAF (with two Death Note crossover)
16-21: Sailor Elves
22-29: Death Note (L/Light)
30-59: Avatar: the Last Airbender
+1 L/Light graphic
( coming back like a prodigal son )
Day #8 - Character you look like the most
Idk, actually. The thing about having short, nondescript colored hair is that it's hard to pick a character who really looks like you. Maybe Light, actually; I might be able to cosplay as him without too much effort, is the way I think of it. Other than that...I honestly do not know. >.> Lame answer is lame.
Day #8 - Your favorite villain
Scar, obviously. Do I really need to explain? He's charismatic and ambitious and terrible and he's voiced by Jeremy fucking Irons. That is all, really. I don't think I know anyone who dislikes Scar. ...of course, someone's going to come and prove me wrong, but shhh. Although...Frollo is also a fantastic villain. And so deliciously creepy. "Hellfire" is, easily, the best villain song Disney has ever made ever. ...oh wait, that's a later answer, isn't it?
( those parts to come: everyfandom )
( those parts to come: Disney )
In conclusion, the Code Geass soundtrack is awesome.
Light Yagami's formspring
...oh yeah I have one too. minviendha, as usual. I don't mind questions either. :D
Yes, yes, I know. Don't think I don't. I just don't care~!
Characters Who Are the Prettiest Princess: Light, Maedhros, Fingon. Trufax.
Back later with more actual things.
( I feel so much better now that you're gone forever; I tell myself that I don't miss you at all )
- I watched The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on Friday, officially breaking my rule of reading the book first. And damn, it was good. Kind of hard to watch, in places, but good. And Noomi Rapace is seriously my new girlcrush. No seriously, look at her. Such a fucking BAMF. And I am kind of embarrassed to say it, but the way she rocks her style is fucking awesome. Just look at this. ...so yeah. Also her name is Noomi Rapace. And she speaks Swedish. That is what I call sexy.
- I also finished Season 2 of Dexter. Last night. Yes, on Friday I was two episodes in, what of it? I don't want to hear anything about it. More on that behind the cut, but I thought I'd let my
adoring fansfriends who watch know that I'm catching up to youuu you'll be in trouble any day now. Also am compiling a list of my favorite episodes of both Death Note and Dexter, so I can keep track of them. Or more like 'moments, in episodes' but really.
- Have begun reading Watchmen, am not sure what I think just yet. Have continued reading Death Note, I love the expressions. And I have three one page reflections to write that will take me almost no time, but have been avoiding doing them for something like three weeks. Failme.
- Have Dexter fanfiction half written/mostly written in my notebook. This is either a good thing or a problem. Am still not sure which.
- May be uploading my FSTs again over the next few whiles. Watch this space, I'll let you know.
- Ask any of my puppets a question in comments and they will answer you, in character. Crack ensues. It's fun. For an example, more or less, of how this works, see this post.
- Give me a character and I will give you several facts about them according to my own personal canon. This can range from their birthday, favorite color or even their earliest memory up to what they had last night for dinner.
- Comment and give me a topic for a music mix. I will make & upload said mix.
Then post this in your own journal.
- The voicepost meme. Provide a topic (or two or three) and I will babble.
- Name one of my characters, and I'll make & upload a mix I think that character would listen to. Then post this in your journal.
- If you have at any time recently felt unhappy, unloved, lonely, depressed, or just bitter about the world in general, comment here and I will tell you why having you on my flist makes my life better, why you matter to me, why, in short, you are an awesome person. Open to anyone on my flist who would like to comment. My replies to individuals are screened. If you need it, comment away, and I'll give you a dose of good old fashioned loving.
Re: Season Two...episodes 9, 10, and 11 are probably my favorite episodes ever. In any season, so far. More on that later, other than briefly how much I want to punch Lila. In the face.
It is raining again, and my mood is rather bleak and drear.