- fandom: a song of ice and fire,
- fandom: appa has the fanciest feet,
- fandom: black jewels trilogy,
- fandom: caliban leandros,
- fandom: code geass,
- fandom: con with a fedora,
- fandom: death note,
- fandom: dexter,
- fandom: doctrine of labyrinths,
- fandom: dragons happened,
- fandom: fanfiction,
- fandom: for my reference,
- fandom: harry potter,
- fandom: lol feanorians,
- fandom: lymond needs a tag,
- fandom: new face new friends,
- fandom: shows about hunting things,
- fandom: tv,
- fandom: wheel of time,
- fandom: winchester uses self destruct,
- fandom: zomg gneil!,
- fanfiction recs
Meanwhile. For pashchan, you know how I said there were two Brian related fanworks this year? (how did you know this would be fun for me)
Medium: TV Show
Subject: Brian Moser
Title: without reason or regret
Notes: It's really hard, actually, to FST a sociopath. Because FSTs are all about feeling the emotions of a character, and Brian...is Brian. So this was hard! But ultimately fun, and I think I enjoy the finished product. So now I go and watch the finale of this season (and freak out). Enjoy! Note: the .zip is unavailable until my internet is less stupid. Hopefully soon.
( someone's got to do the culling of the fold )
...and I'm not providing Wikipedia links this year, I'm sorry. Or summaries, thus far, though that may change when we get down to fewer rounds.
I encourage everyone to vote! And to vote not just for who you like more but for who would actually win, if at all possible. P.S.: these fights are to the death, so just be aware that they're not just leaving. Although you can think that way if it makes you feel better.
Without further ado:
( THE PARTY DON'T STARK TILL I WALK IN )
And here we go with the faceoffs, generated by the randomizer (SO DON'T BLAME ME)
LET THE GAMES BEGIN. CAMPAIGNING IS WELCOME. AND ENCOURAGED.
P.S. that cut text was a typo. I left it in. Also contrary to popular belief, I do have things to do? I'm just...not doing them.
On the other hand, then there are days like yesterday, where we sit in a plane for an hour and a half only to have to change planes because of a lightbulb (!) and consequently depart two hours behind schedule. And that is why all the things I wanted to have done before the new year are…not done before the new year.
And I am home! First things first, I suppose - a (somewhat belated) VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you on my flist, and I hope this year is much better than last, no matter how your last year was. In other words, exactly what all you lovely people deserve.
Are you ready for this devastatingly longass meme? (First of...oh, three, actually.)
Stories Written (and posted): 153
Breakdown by Fandom (Top Five Only):
- Supernatural: 29
- Death Note: 25
- Silmarillion: 22
- Avatar: the Last Airbender: 15
- Doctor Who: 14
Longest Story Written (oneshot) : I Will Follow You Into the Dark at 7115 words.
Shortest Story Written (and posted): The Beautiful at 112 words.
( oh how I can talk about myself sometimes )
Other notes: Yuletide was overall disappointing in terms of finding stories I really wanted to read, but I have a few recs that I'll post when I'm not deluging the place with memes and a half, and:
How to Lose Friends and Influence People | for sargent_snarky | Silmarillion | Curufin doesn't know what to do with his son half the time.
Beginnings | for sakru909 | Death Note | The boy, his social workers said, was...peculiar.
Milo's Tollbooth | for firebluespinel | The Phantom Tollbooth | Milo returns.
For those of you I still owe presents - those will also be up, as soon as possible! (And to those watching my fic journal...there's going to be a bit of a deluge in the next couple days. I'm terribly sorry. >>
I have also realized that I should make a list of the fic I've written that's inspired by other fic. Because there are a few.
- I watched The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on Friday, officially breaking my rule of reading the book first. And damn, it was good. Kind of hard to watch, in places, but good. And Noomi Rapace is seriously my new girlcrush. No seriously, look at her. Such a fucking BAMF. And I am kind of embarrassed to say it, but the way she rocks her style is fucking awesome. Just look at this. ...so yeah. Also her name is Noomi Rapace. And she speaks Swedish. That is what I call sexy.
- I also finished Season 2 of Dexter. Last night. Yes, on Friday I was two episodes in, what of it? I don't want to hear anything about it. More on that behind the cut, but I thought I'd let my
adoring fansfriends who watch know that I'm catching up to youuu you'll be in trouble any day now. Also am compiling a list of my favorite episodes of both Death Note and Dexter, so I can keep track of them. Or more like 'moments, in episodes' but really.
- Have begun reading Watchmen, am not sure what I think just yet. Have continued reading Death Note, I love the expressions. And I have three one page reflections to write that will take me almost no time, but have been avoiding doing them for something like three weeks. Failme.
- Have Dexter fanfiction half written/mostly written in my notebook. This is either a good thing or a problem. Am still not sure which.
- May be uploading my FSTs again over the next few whiles. Watch this space, I'll let you know.
- Ask any of my puppets a question in comments and they will answer you, in character. Crack ensues. It's fun. For an example, more or less, of how this works, see this post.
- Give me a character and I will give you several facts about them according to my own personal canon. This can range from their birthday, favorite color or even their earliest memory up to what they had last night for dinner.
- Comment and give me a topic for a music mix. I will make & upload said mix.
Then post this in your own journal.
- The voicepost meme. Provide a topic (or two or three) and I will babble.
- Name one of my characters, and I'll make & upload a mix I think that character would listen to. Then post this in your journal.
- If you have at any time recently felt unhappy, unloved, lonely, depressed, or just bitter about the world in general, comment here and I will tell you why having you on my flist makes my life better, why you matter to me, why, in short, you are an awesome person. Open to anyone on my flist who would like to comment. My replies to individuals are screened. If you need it, comment away, and I'll give you a dose of good old fashioned loving.
Re: Season Two...episodes 9, 10, and 11 are probably my favorite episodes ever. In any season, so far. More on that later, other than briefly how much I want to punch Lila. In the face.
It is raining again, and my mood is rather bleak and drear.