A meme, some rambling, and the fourth round of Madness. (Or Sparta.)
Give me a character from any fandom, tv show, movie, book you know that I know and I will tell you:( FINAL MATCHES OF THE BRACKETS )( THE LAST OF THE MATCHES )
a. My favorite thing about that character.
b. My least favorite thing about that character.
c. One person I would ship them with in their own verse.
d. One crossover ship for them I think would be neat.
e. One crossover universe for them I think would be even neater.
f. Their ship from hell.
g. Their song.
h. The title of their biography or autobiography.
i. The last bad dream they had.
j. How they're gonna shuffle off the mortal coil, if they haven't already.
There was a fannish five I wanted to do about the most loving fictional moms, because I would have had the chance to gush about Nerdanel, but I couldn't think of five. I have Nerdanel and Sybilla Crawford, who I figure qualifies for her sheer badass in Checkmate
in particular. And I can always gush about Nerdanel more. But for best fictional parents...I think Nerdanel might be up there. Actually, my list probably looks something like this:
1. Nerdanel (Seven of those wee hooligans. Seven.
That's pretty bamflicious.)
2. Fingolfin (I've talked about this before. And still want a picture of him making pancakes. Or something.)
3. Tam al'Thor (The Gathering Storm cinched this for me, so hard)
4. Saetan Sa'Diablo (Again - for sheer challenge factor, raising Jaenelle is...yeah, not the easiest of tasks. And not to mention the good bits of Lucivar and Daemon are probably his influence.
5. Celebrimbor's unnamed mother, because damn, she deserves some credit for infusing some good sense into her son. Good sense doesn't come from Curufin, after all.
I think I want to see all of them gathered around sipping tea and talking about their children's issues. It'd be.
I want to say cute but that might be the wrong word.
Maybe I'll just write fic of Ner and Cele's mom and Fingolfin all having tea together and discussing the challenges of raising young Finweans.
I need to write more Nerdanel fic, now that she's moved so solidly into my head. >>;;
I have a feeling I had coherent meta that I might have wanted to make, but now I cannot for the life of me recall what it was. Perhaps if I remember later. One cannot force these things.
At least I am no longer feeling like biting someone's head off!